Help to identify a computer?

Simon Fryer fryers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 06:48:53 CST 2007

Hey All,

On 14/02/07, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> On 14 Feb 2007 at 14:27, Bob Rosenbloom wrote:
>
> > I bought two front panels from some type of computer from ebay for the
> > switches and lights. After receiving them, I find they are too neat to
> > tear apart. They were said to come from a telephone company central
> > office. Does anyone recognize these? I can't find any names on them.
>
> I'm sure that someone will recognize this, but I don't think it's a
> from a telco CO.  This looks more like a triple-redundant setup for
> some sort of mission-critical application (nuclear reactor control?).
> The indicator lamps labeled "SURVIVOR" and "BACKUP" as well as
> "EXCHANGE FILL" would seem to bear this out as well as the alarm
> resets.

I would agree. It smells as though it is part of a SCADA/control
system of some sort. Honeywell was the first thing that came to mind
but I have only seem a small amount of Honeywell control gear - so
could be completely wrong.

It could also be from a Harris machine.

I have no idea when Honeywell or Harris started producing control
systems so the dates may invalidate everything I have typed so far.

> Incandescent lamps instead of LEDs would probably put this in the
> 1960s-early 70s, maybe?

This was my initial assessment based on the way the wiring looms are
tied. Since, the eagle eyed Jim has pointed out the inspetion date of
68.

My 2c worth.

Simon