SWTPc 6800 vs. Altair 680

B. Degnan billdeg at degnanco.net
Sat Feb 17 15:44:57 CST 2007

I found the answer to my original question...at least as far as running
SWTPC 4K BASIC on an Altair 680.  You can do it.  The modifications are
described in Kilobaud #8, August 1977.  I will put up a copy on my web site
asap.

Every issue of Kilobaud from #7 to #12 in 1977 has an Altair 680 ad on the
back.   Byte Mags also have a lot of Altair 680 ads on the back covers in
1976.  I think that they were serious about the computer, as an entry level
system.  That's just my opinion.  I was too young to know first hand.

Bill