List stats?

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 08:30:48 CST 2007

Jay West wrote:
> Jules wrote...
>> Thanks for that (and the yearly break-down). Those are some pretty
>> healthy numbers :-)
> I was so glad someone tracked that down so I didn't have to :)

:-)

>> Does anyone maintain list archives in mbox format online anywhere
>> "permanent"?
> Yes, I do :)

Is that what the gzipped versions are at:

  http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk

They look kind of "mboxey" when extracted, but I can't see where it says what
format they actually are (pipermail? Mailman? mbox? Something else?)  :-)

For the last couple of years I've been trying to save messages that are of
interest to me and delete the rest, but doing that is getting messy (mainly
because I'm lazy and I've got a 3000-or-so backlog of read messages that I
really can't be bothered flicking through! ;-)

It'd be nice to know that I don't need to keep *anything* locally as it's
always going to be out there for when I do need to download to local disk in
order to search.

cheers

Jules