Tek 7904 scope

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 17:44:35 CST 2007

> > > I've tried it once a day since Sunday. No go.
> >
> >Thats probably good news - nothing harder to fix than a problem
> >which comes and goes ... If it firmly busted, it shouldn't be too
> >hard to find.
>
> I sure hope that's true.

It is. You can't possibly find a fault that's not there. And an
intermittant fault is 'not there' when the device works correctly.

One of the most annying faults to trace (and we've all had them) is the
fault that disappears when you connect a 'scope probe _anywhere_ on the
device under test. Most likeht it's a bad conneciton somewhere, but
finding it will drive you (in)sane...