SGI Onyx power cord?

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Thu Jan 4 18:34:25 CST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 10:34 -0700, Richard wrote:
> In article <B8DECDD6-F7EF-48CA-8A27-223CC1CBCBA2 at typewritten.org>,
>     "r.stricklin" <bear at typewritten.org>  writes:
>
> > On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Richard wrote:
> >
> > > Any other Onyx owners on the list?

PowerSeries -> Crimson conversion w/ VGXT in the box sitting next to me.
(brown/blue not red, unfortunately)

However, if there is anyone w/ a spare Onyx in the vicinity of Ohio, who
doesn't want it, please let me know. :-)

<snip

> them) or both.  Even the sci-vis guys at the UofU no longer use SGI
> irion anymore -- just piles of linux boxes with fancy PC graphics
> cards.

>From what I can tell, the average high end PC graphics cards can run
rings around the average Reality Engine these days, and is (alot)
cheaper. <shrug>

David