not quite on topic but, classic analogue satellite tv decoding boxes

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 18:00:31 CST 2007

Witchy wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I've got a pair of old UK SKY TV boxen (1997 era) that are pretty useless
> as analogue SKY TV was switched off in 2001; can the hardware be used for
> anything else or is it pretty much paperweight material?

Paperweight, I would have thought - I've never heard of them being able to do
anything 'clever' (unlike, say, some of Acorn's set top boxes which do
resemble a computer closely enough to fire up a web browser on, talk to a few
very specific hardware add-ons etc.).

I doubt there's even many useful components that can be salvaged as it'll
likely all be surface mount stuff and big shiny screened silver boxes inside.

cheers

Jules