VAXstation 3100/76 configured as VAXserver and NetBSD

Adrian Burgess classiccmp at discordance.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 03:49:27 CST 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 01:12:11AM -0000, arcarlini at iee.org wrote:

> The wiring inside the VAXstation 3100-76 may well be "non-standard",
> but the external connector works perfectly well with any SCSI
> cable which physically connects.

I'm a bit confused. I've got an M76 which I'd love to install a later
version of VMS on (it's currently on 5.5), but everything I've read has said
that the external SCSI connector is DEC-specific and needs a DEC BC09J cable
to attach normal SCSI devices to (a cable which I've not yet found at a
reasonable price). Is this not the case?