Digital archaeology of the microcomputer, 1974-1994

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jan 17 19:00:23 CST 2007

On 17 Jan 2007 at 17:14, Richard wrote:

> Ditto.  Except that I focus on graphics and terminals and you'd be
> surprised how many terminals have "already gone over the brink" as it
> were.  People keep CPUs for nostalgia.  They chuck the terminal.

Richard, what you do for terminals is certainly worthwhile.  However,
given the description of a terminal (e.g. user's manual), I can
easily emulate one or, if worse comes to worst, build one from modern
components.

A CPU is much harder.

Peripherals (e.g. tapes, disks, printers)  are the hardest.  If I
were to collect something for preservation, it'd be peripherals.

Cheers,
Chuck