Is MSX on topic?

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Sat Jan 20 22:22:26 CST 2007

Witchy wrote:
> People didn't like the MSX because it arrived just as the UK computer
> industry was crashing badly - 85/86, and they also didn't like it because
> it didn't offer anything new.

I disagree on the "nothing new" part -- didn't it come with an
incredibly powerful music synthesizer as standard equipment?

On a related note, I was SO looking forward to the music I could create
with a IIgs until I learned that the Ensoniq embedded on the thing could
access a grand total of 64KB total sample data.  Made the chip nearly
worthless :-(