Is MSX on topic?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Jan 22 18:49:51 CST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Chris M wrote:
>  Hmm, can't say I knew too many people buying 286
> based units as early as 85-86. I would guess some
> businesses, but even then they'd have to be cutting
> edge. Perhaps my area of Long Island wasn't affluent
> enough :(. I don't have specific memories of a 5170 or
> the like sitting in Computerland in Bohemia. I do
> remember when the Mac II's came out. And come to think
> of it, wasn't Sears authorized to sell IBM stuff in
> those days?

IBM retail computer stores,
Computerland,
Businessland?

The AT started in 1984.  Some areas (both geographic, and social)
immediately went for it, and some put it off as long as they could, since
the IBM/MICROS~1 software didn't provide any real incentive to upgrade
other than high density drives and a little faster;
until Windoze 3.1 and OS/2.

'course, soon after that, intel made the 80386, and Bill Gates called the
80286 "brain dead".

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com