Null job light patterns?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 16:56:57 CST 2007

> RT11 would run one led in from the left side and one from the right side
> until they collided in the middle and kind of bounced off each other. RSX,

The RT11 pattern I rememebr was something like (I may have got the
direction wrong)
1111111111111111
0111111111111111
0011111111111111
0111111111111110
1111111111111100
1111111111111000
0111111111111100
0011111111111110
0001111111111111
0000111111111111
And so on, with the colum of lit bulbs getting shorter by one every time
it hit an end, until there was just one lamp on, When that got to the
appropriate end, the pattern restarted with all 16 lamps on.

This only worked on processors with a lamp register (like the 11/45 and
11/70). It was farily easiy to find the appropriate address in the source
code, change it to point to a 'spare' parallel' port (DR11K or
something), and then connect that to flashing lights. Made a _really_
expensive Newtonsday decoration...