PDP-11/70 in Yates Center, KS

Doc Shipley doc at mdrconsult.com
Tue Jan 30 23:33:52 CST 2007

Zane H. Healy wrote:

> I'd personally consider the SGI o2, Octane, Tezro and *maybe* the Fuel, as
> well as the original Apple G4 towers (the G3's of that design scream LOOK AT
> ME, but the G4 is more subdued), G4 cube, and the original iMac and iBook
> designs to all be very stylish and "art".  The NeXT systems would be a close
> contender.  While stylish, and very well designed, I doubt I'd put the G5
> and Xeon Mac towers in this classification.

   Ahem.  When I got my G5 I pulled the side panel to make sure nothing
shook loose in shipping.  It took me the better part of an hour to stop
ooohing and aaahhing.

   Under the hood of a 1963 Mercedes Benz was the only thing I've ever
seen that came remotely close.  Totally gratuitous engineering.

   The Altos 5xx are sexy little beasties too.

	Doc