PDP-11/70 in Yates Center, KS

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Jan 31 12:55:58 CST 2007

In article <C1E693F5.7355%witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk>,
    Adrian Graham <witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk>  writes:

> On 31/1/07 15:38, "Richard" <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
>

> > In article <C1E60FAD.732A%witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk>,
> >     Adrian Graham <witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk>  writes:
> >
> >> Heh, it's always the PDP :) Thinking about it I started amassing things in
> >> the late 80s when work was trying to ditch machines and I held onto them
> >> [...]
> >
> > For me it was E&S equipment, but a very similar situation: work no
> > longer supported the ESV and put them out by the loading dock free for
> > the hauling.  Actually quite a bit of stuff as well as ESVs were out
> > there.  They must have offloaded quite a bit of SGI gear when they
> > closed that office, but that particular employer was a pretty bitter
> > experience for the most part, so I didn't keep in touch.
>
> But you got to keep a load of SGI gear?

No, they closed the office a few years after I left and all the people
who were worth staying in touch with had already left that office by
the time they closed it.  Moral of the story?  Don't put salesman and
marketing types in charge of a technology company -- they'll just run
it into the ground while they get rich off their stock options.