EIA connectors

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Jul 3 21:40:57 CDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Richard A. Cini wrote:
>     I came across a video monitor for one of my machines that has an 8-pin
> rectangular connector with locking tabs. I remember from my days as an
> audio-video geek in high school that this is sometimes called an ³EIA
> connector². I remember we used these cables to connect JVC and Sony VTR
> equipment.
>     I¹ve done some searching in my usual catalogs and I can¹t seem to locate
> this connector. Does anyone happen to have a manufacturer name/part number
> for this so I can narrow my search a bit?

The one on my Sony monitor (from reel to reel tape days) says "Honda"!
But I've never seen any acknowledgement from Honda that they were ever
involved in anything like that.

More information about the cctalk mailing list