Drum vs. Core

Andy Holt andyh at andyh-rayleigh.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 06:41:25 CDT 2007

Am I  right in thinking Atlas did not have an executive?
<<<

Atlas had a "Supervisor" nearer a full operating system

Oh, from which I presume there are no surviving 1900s?

Can you run George 3 without an executive?
<<<

George 3 (+4) had a minimal executive with (essentially) no operator
facilities. David Holdsworth's 1900 emulator* emulates the interface
provided by this rather than the "bare metal"

* this is difficult to find - there are apparently copyright issues for
the George 3 and associated software that are distributed with it.

Andy

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:02