vac tube clock rates / was Re: neon glow lamps (was TTLhomebrew CPUs) in HP counters

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jul 15 02:06:48 CDT 2007

On 14 Jul 2007 at 23:06, dwight elvey wrote:

> These might have been use for encryption. They used a lot of
> LFSRs in these. That would be mostly flops and little else.
> Dwight

The triodes were attached with clips to anodized aluminum "wings" on
either side of the PCB, with small front panel with a couple of test
points on it.  They were also a handy source of silvered mica caps.
Maybe 8-10 inches wide by 3/4 inch tall by 9 inches deep.  No
manufacturer's name that I recall.

After over 40 years, that's all I can remember about them.  Back
then, I think I paid about a buck apiece for each board.  6.3vac
heaters.

Cheers,
Chuck