EIA connectors

Richard A. Cini rcini at optonline.net
Fri Jul 20 21:25:15 CDT 2007

Just to close the loop on this, I did order (and receive) from
TheSupplyStores.com, a Hirose EIAJ connector and shell (part E8M). Total:
$18 shipped.

The Tandy CM-1 monitor now works with the T2k I have. The cable is a simple
9-pin serial extension cable (M-F) from which I cut off the female side and
wired-up the EIAJ connector.

On 7/4/07 5:41 PM, "Tony Duell" <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> All:
>>     I came across a video monitor for one of my machines that has an 8-pin
>> rectangular connector with locking tabs. I remember from my days as an
>> audio-video geek in high school that this is sometimes called an =B3EIA
>> connector=B2. I remember we used these cables to connect JVC and Sony VTR
>> equipment.
> If it's the connector I'm thining of (8 pins in a 4*2 array, with a
> larger gap between the rows at one end to give polarisation), then I
> remmeber it as an EIAJ connector.
> I've seen them used on reel-to-reel VTRs, for audio in/out, video in/out
> and 4 grounds. I've also seen them used for RGB + Sync.
> -tony


Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers
Build Master and lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator

More information about the cctalk mailing list