1966 Mag: Build NE-2 Neon Bulb Computer - scan available

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jul 27 15:46:35 CDT 2007

On 27 Jul 2007 at 15:27, Bob Bradlee wrote:

> Very early tubes used magnesium, Scientific American had a great project using a Model T ignition coil to
> turn one into an X-Ray source which refered to them as being old way back then.

I remember reading the original article and was sore tempted to build
the rig, but was a little scared about the X-rays.  Not too long
before that time, it was still possible to pick up a junked shoe
fluoroscope to do the same thing a little better.

I've long wondered about using a HV rectifier tube as a source of
soft X-rays, though.

Cheers,
Chuck