1966 Mag: Build NE-2 Neon Bulb Computer - scan available

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jul 28 00:37:05 CDT 2007

On 28 Jul 2007 at 0:29, William Donzelli wrote:

> That is a old radio myth - it does not work any better than just
> letting the tube do its own thing.

It's probably not a bad idea to limit inrush current, however.  A
surgistor will do that trick.

I seem to remember it's also advisable to let mercury-vapor
rectifiers that haven't been used for a long time "cook" without
plate voltage the first time they're used (beyond, that is, the
initial normal warm-up time).

...but then, I'm telling anyone anything they don't already know.

Cheers,
Chuck