Amix was Re: Aztec C (was: more eBay stuff)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:29:54 CDT 2007

On 6/1/07, John Foust <jfoust at threedee.com> wrote:
> My Amiga business partners thought a DECnet for Amiga would be
> real popular.  We ported it.  It wasn't.  Not even paired with
> Dale Luck's X Window to turn the Amiga into an X term.

I remember that - I was working with VAXen every day when I got my own
Amiga in 1986, but never had the desire to hook it to our DECnet
network (it didn't help that we didn't have a scrap of Ethernet
hardware - all of our DECnet was over DDCMP and sync serial, and
contained in about a 25' radius.  It was all local terminals and
SET/HOST to get from one box to another).

-ethan