Repairing the damage.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jun 2 18:44:27 CDT 2007

On Jun 2, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Rod Smallwood wrote:
> The abortive attempt to cluster the two Vaxes and copy data has
> left me
> much further back than when I started.
> The network and terminal server connections are gone because I can't
> start TCPWARE up.
> It complains about a license and and something called NETCU (What the
> hell is that?) and aborts the loading of TCPWARE.
>
> Lesson learned,= the boot from a cluster server idea is flawed and can
> damage an existing setup.
> Its probably one of those things everybody has heard about but never
> actually done.

   You can't be serious...?  Cluster-booting of VAXen is something
that has been happening in thousands of multiple-VAX installations
for two decades.  I did it myself when I was still a teenager.  It is
nothing unusual.

   I am sorry to hear that the attempt hosed your machine.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL