Help on HP 82901 drive

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jun 12 15:13:29 CDT 2007

On 12 Jun 2007 at 20:15, Tony Duell wrote:

> Are you 100% sure of that? I was udner the impression that the WD p[art
> needed some -ve supplu rail (-12V?) and that the Fujitsu part didn't, the
> pin was a N/C. The Fujistu chip will replace the WD with no problems, but
> the reverse may not be true (and IIRC, the HP board that started this
> doesn't have a -ve supply rail).

I should be more careful in my writing.  The WD1793 takes a +12 and
+5 supplies, while the MB8877 requires only +5 (the other pin is NC).
A MB8877 will replace a WD1793, but not necessarily vice-versa.

In my particular situation, I've replaced WD1793s with MB8877s, never
the other way around.  Thanks for catching that.

Cheers,
Chuck