Vintage terminals (was Re: PDP-11 available in New Zealand)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:05:00 CST 2007

On 3/8/07, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> David Griffith <dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu>  writes:
>
> > Where can you get real VT52s nowadays?  I haven't seen one on Ebay for
> > at least three years.
>
> At the expense of looking stupid (again), why not use one of the many
> VT-100/VT-220-type teminals that also have a VT-52 mode?

Dunnou about David's needs, but for my own (VTEDIT under OS/8),
emulation within a more modern dumb terminal is rarely accurate
enough.  If you just want approximate emulation, lots of DEC terminals
and DEC-compatible terminals do offer VT-52 emulation, but I've only
tested and rejected the emulation in the VT220.

-ethan