Value of a PDP/8?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Mar 9 12:54:38 CST 2007

 > - Available software:  Partly because of the availiability of the
 > hardware, there's a lot of software out there.  So when you
 > get one up and running, you generally can do more than look
 > at the blinkin' lights (though that's worthwhile in itself--much
 > more soothing that a lot of other things).

DEC computers have literally two orders of magnitude more software
titles that still exist than most other systems. The closest runners
up are HP and Data General, though CHM has almost no DG software.

It is really sad how little software from other vendors has survived,
and beleive me, I've been beating the bushes trying to find it!