Vintage terminals (was Re: PDP-11 available in New Zealand)

Paul Anderson useddec at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 02:06:56 CST 2007

As one of the few "dreaded dealers" on the list (I heard there are others,
but don't know of any), I have to agree that VT50's and VT52's are becoming
rather scarce.  There are still a few parts around. As far as the the VT100
family, most models, except the 103, and the parts are still out there. The
keyboards are getting harder to find.  I just turned down some 131's and
others last week for lack of storage. The VT220's are also still common, as
are the the 320's, 420's, and the newer models. Most units I see don't have
keyboards. The 6 flavors of the 330 ( and their parts) are a lot easier to
find than 340 and 340+.

Some of the larger monitors(VR290, VR297, VR319, VRC21, etc,) are more
difficult to find than the VR201, VR241, etc.  Parts are still around for
some.

I hope this helps.

Paul Anderson