baud modifier

Pete Turnbull pete at
Sun Mar 11 20:17:07 CDT 2007

On 11/03/2007 09:53, David Griffith wrote:
> I'm thinking of a device that would step down the speed of an rs232
> connection from, say, 9600 to 110.  The idea is to allow a computer that
> can't do 110 to talk to an ASR33 teletype.  Does such a device exist?
> What's it really called?  Does anyone have any schematics for one?

I have a device called a MicroFazer that will do this.  It was actually 
sold as a printer buffer, but it has serial as well as parallel input, 
and serial and parallel output, with several hundred K of buffer in 

Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

More information about the cctalk mailing list