Report on vintage "Programmer Electronnic Control" alias "RAF Tornado Computer"

Erik Baigar erik at baigar.de
Mon Mar 12 03:08:36 CDT 2007

Hi Roger,

thank you very much for your effords! I checked the old thread
on rec.aviation.military. On March 2005 Alan Dicey posted in a response
to my question that the box might have been controlling displays
called TV-Tab in the rear cockpit of the tornado. But Alan thought
that the box is not a complete computer...

Maybe I should forward him my report  ;-)

> I showed the pictures to someone who worked on Tornado at Marconi
Hey, that is great - thank you for trying to get input
on this small baby!

> Avionics. He said the box is definitely not part of either the CSAS
> (Command Stability Augmentation System) nor AFDS (AutoPilot & Flight
> Director System). He thought it was physically much too big for the
> HUD (Head Up Display).
If the box would have been used in a ciritcal system I think
it would never have shown up on eBay. I can not imagine that
cirtical stuff is released to the public...

   Thanks Again,

      Erik.