old terminals...

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 15:42:30 CDT 2007

Jay West wrote:
> Ya know... this recent talk of terminals got me thinking.....
[ thinking snipped :-) ]

What something like MAME, but for terminals, you mean?

Possibly a terminal's a lot easier to implement if you limit yourself to
something like:

   keyboard
   character generator
   display
   I/O module
   bell

... but there must be lots of terminals which had various "frills" outside of
this, surely? (I can't think of any personally*, but I'm not a terminal geek :-)

*other than graphics terminals; I'm not sure how much sense it makes to lump
those in with pure character-based devices.

> Perhaps this is a silly idea and I just need my morning coffee!

Interesting article I saw the other day about studies showing that coffee does
nothing to "wake you up"; all it does is provide a hit for people suffering
caffeine withdrawal symptoms. But I think that's OT :)