ftp archives disappearing?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Mar 14 18:19:01 CDT 2007

On 14 Mar 2007 at 17:36, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> Try buying an analog (non-HD) TV and trying to get 15 years out of it
> in the US.  It'll make a fine monitor for a cable box or a DVD player
> or a VCR, but it won't work as a TV after 2009.
>
> Would that not be "obsolete" well before 15 years?

I'm willing to wager that my 1976 Sony TV will still pick up off-the-
air broadcasts in 2010 and 2011.  Seems that our Great Minds in Foggy
Bottom hadn't quite thought the whole thing through well enough and
the set-top converter box propsal is mired in the goo.  An extension
of the deadline is viewed as a near-certainty.

Cheers,
Chuck