Austin, Texas Computerworks Goodwill

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Mar 15 16:23:39 CDT 2007

On 15 Mar 2007 at 15:57, John Foust wrote:

>> I don't quite see the business model for this "Pre-1990 Computers"
> store.  Somehow, magically, all the old computers arrive here because
> somehow, magically, the triage experts at the other Goodwill stores
> are able to differentiate between an eMachine and a Lisa.

Myopia is hard to overcome.    Very few of the population at large
are interested in collecting old computers, or vacuum cleaners or
syrup bottles.

This reminds me of some of my fellow tuba players who are shocked
that not only do few people appreciate the beauty of Ralph Vaughan
Williams' Concerto for Bass Tuba, but many music professionals don't
even know of its existence.

To many people, an old computer has all of the romance of an old lawn
mower.

Cheers,
Chuck