Commodore's new PCs

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:27:10 CDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Teo Zenios <teoz at neo.rr.com> wrote:
> There are quite a few around, they are just not advertised much.

I'd agree with that.  Those that haven't made it to the landfill are
sitting in closets around the world, especially in Europe.

> Anything made in that quantity will be around this earth for a while.

More than 17,000,000?  Assuredly.

> Most people don't want a real C64 with a 1541 drive that needs 5.25" DD
> floppies that take a minute to load, they want an emulator that plays ROMs
> they download off the net instantly (or maybe a real C64 with a 1000 in 1
> Cartridge).

Heh... personally, I want to take one of my DTV boards and hack it
into something like a 1581 so that all you have to do is pull a 3.5"
floppy out of your backpack, plug in a keyboard and hook it up to a
monitor.  If I could find an inexpensive PlayStation-1 LCD monitor,
I'd consider a C-64 laptop, though.  I wouldn't be the first to do it,
but I'd do it all the same.

I have lots of fond memories programming the C-64, including my first
3 jobs.  I probably spend more emulation time in VICE than any other
environment to this day.

-ethan