Don Maslin/Archiving system software

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Mon Mar 19 18:34:36 CDT 2007

John A. wrote...
> I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is still sitting around, in spite of
> the unending digression going on in the kiddie sandbox that has
> become classiccmp.

Eh, I don't think that's entirely fair. But then I do tend to take negatives
about the list perhaps more personally than I should.

For every 50 people insisting that someone be removed, there's 50 more
insisting I can't. We shall see.

But more to the point... I don't have a litmus test for someone joining the
list. They don't have to write a report saying why they belong on
classiccmp. I get rather disheartened when someone joins the list who
perhaps shouldn't be. But on the other hand... perhaps we should be in some
cases more tolerant of young people who actually want to join the list and
get into the topic. That will help our hobby grow after we are gone.

All that said, I am not terribly happy with the current discourse. I've seen
a lot of angst lately on the list, some of it mine - and I apologize for
that. Let's try to keep it more professional and courteous.

Jay