Simtel Walnut Creek CD-ROM (speaking of ftp archives)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Mar 20 16:37:23 CDT 2007

On 20 Mar 2007 at 16:06, Jim Leonard wrote:

> Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> > I was trying to find my Simtel Walnut Creek CD and can't (I have no idea
> > where it went). Does anyone have one of these that they would be willing to
> > copy or make an .iso image of? If a physical copy is easier to manage, I'll
> > gladly cover cost of shipping, media and inconvenience; either way, please
> > contact me off list.
>
> Hm.  If you can't find anyone who can help you, guess what you'll have
> to do?

Copying the CD-ROM itself I understand to be verboten, as it's
copyrighted as a "collection".  However, since the notice makes it
abundantly clear that the contents themselves can be freely
distributed, why not just log ontto one of the many mirror sites and
download the whole shootin' match and burn your own CD?

Cheers,
Chuck