Keyboards (was: Why blinkenlights ?)

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Mar 21 15:12:20 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 15:36, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On eBay, I see lots of used Cherry POS keyboards with credit-card
> stripe readers.  Are these PC compatible--and are they any good?
> Prices being asked for them seem to range all over the place.

Yes, they're probably just a PS/2 interface keyboard, but the ones I've
used are HORRIBLE to type on.. the keys are mushy, and are difficult to
push down (and don't give any physical feedback when you do push them
down far enough).

Purdue used those in computer labs for a few years starting when I got
here ('99), and have finally gotten rid of most of them.

Pat