OT: SPAM Spoofing

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Fri Mar 23 05:51:17 CDT 2007

"Zane H. Healy" wrote:

>Is there anything I can do about this?

Originally I moved from sendmail to qmail with magic-smtpd because it
allowed me to filter at the SMTP level inbound names (and reject them before
a bounce was generated).

http://www.linuxmagic.com/opensource/magicmail/magic-smtpd/

I thought someone here wrote a proxy to do that also (not sure)

I've since moved to postfix with "grey listing" using postgrey, which seems
to work pretty well.

I think until you turn on grey listing you're going to be unhappy.  I
seem long, relentless streams of bogus connections and bogus names all
day long...  At a minimum you need to be filtering names at the SMTP
connection time.  (translation - put something in front of openvms and relay)

-brad