simple question about turning off/on a regulator.

cctech at porky.vax-11.org cctech at porky.vax-11.org
Sat Mar 24 08:56:10 CDT 2007

How much current do you need? The LT3503 buck converter will do 1A and has
a shutdown pin. There are Maxim parts that use external FETs and also have
a shutdown pin.

If you have your heart set on a linear regulator, you might be able to use
an adjustable one and drive the ADJ pin to 5V to shut it off.

Clint