pretty much OT: acoustic coupling

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 15:39:38 CDT 2007

my application anyway. What is the typical maximum
speed of such a device, be it antiquated (I actually
used to have one of the old Radio Shack units), or
home-brewed.
 And lookee, here's what I had:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RADIO-SHACK-ACOUSTIC-COUPLER-MODEM-
TRS-80-AC-3_W0QQitemZ180098721480QQcategoryZ80229QQss
PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

 In fact, that's an acoustic modem. What I'd like to
implement is a "bridge" if you will between a modem
and a cellular device that would allow connection to
the internet. Ingenious, no? ;)
 Please, no one tell me about software and such that's
presently available on the market. I'm aware of it,
own 99% of it, and I'll say here and now it's flakey
at best.
 The technology is antiquated enough, albeit not the
application. O woe is me :(