2.11BSD source code browser and xref

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 07:46:51 CDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Walter F.J. Mueller <W.F.J.Mueller at gsi.de> wrote:
> When searching lately a lot through the UNIX 2.11bsd source code I
> wanted many times a hyperlinked and cross referenced rendition of the
> sources...

>   http://www-linux.gsi.de/~mueller/test/211bsd/usr/src/bin/cp.c.html
>   http://www-linux.gsi.de/~mueller/test/211bsd/usr/src/sys/sys/init_main.c.html

Very nice.

> As said, it's beta stage, the style sheet is still the debug version,
> not all links end where they should, not all is parsed as it should.
>
> Hope you enjoy it. Comments, suggestion ect are very welcome.

I had one tiny suggestion from what I browsed - when parsing out the
callers of functions, it might look nicer to not point out that
'main()' is never called, since, technically, it _is_ called by the
startup code stuck on a binary by the compiler, and since it's defacto
entry-point into the code anyway.

That's about all I can come up with except to wish that when the tool
is in better shape that someone has the time to run 2.9BSD sources
through the same treatment (2.9BSD still runs on non-Split-I&D
machines like those equipped with an F-11 chip - 11/23, 11/24,
Pro350).

-ethan