AlphaStation 200/250 and 255 - ebay observations

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Tue Mar 27 19:30:24 CDT 2007

> Jochen Kunz wrote

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 01:09:51 -0500
> "Dan Snyder" <ddsnyder at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>
>> Form factor 168pin dimm, 5v, FPM. The machine has two banks, each
>> requires 4 dimms per bank. I have not been able to find any of these
>> dimms.
> Hmmm. IIRC some PowerMacs used that type of memory too, as well as the
> Sun SPARCstation 4/5. In contrast: 3.3 V EDO DIMMs are quite common.

The Mac memory is generally not ECC, and probably will not work.
SPARCstation 5 DIMMS max out at 32MB, so I'm not sure if it will be any
benefit even if it works (and knowing DIGITAL I'd not be too quick to
rule out something proprietary - look at the number of HP 72-pin memory
modules that look exactly like 36-bit SIMMS (HP/Apollo 400 series, HP
9000 PA-RISC mid-'90s modules (both incompatible with each other as
well)...)