Atari ST connectors (was: Atari SIO bus connectors found)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Nov 1 19:00:55 CDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Tony Duell wrote:
> I got quite good and peeling off those 'Removing this label voids the
> warranty' stickers over one of the case screws of later TRS-80 devices. I
> never bothereed to put them back, just stuck them on a sheet of silicone
> paper (backing from Letraset ru-down letters) in case I ever did want to
> return the unit. Never did of course, it was less hassle to fix it myself.

I wanted to try the "buffered" expansion interface retrofit.

So, I resealed the machines, (which had lower-case, a few additional keys,
software controlled reverse video, and "RCA" jacks for composite
almost-NTSC).  Because it was "sealed", the RS tech was quite willing to
do the warranty work, even with the "boat in a bottle" additional
circuitry, on the condition that I supply him with full documentation of
what mods I had done.