3.25-inch floppies

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 2 11:42:45 CDT 2007

On 2 Nov 2007 at 12:05, Curt @ Atari Museum wrote:

> Does anyone here on the list collect disk drives specifically?
> Especially all of the very early 3.5" drives?    I've wanted to find
> several of the first Seagate/Shugart 3.5" drives as well as the early
> Epson versions.

Only as far as type and utility goes.  A modern 3.5" drive is just as
useful as an old Sony 0AD SS 3.5" drive, even if it only spins at 300
RPM.  So I dumped my old Sony drives.  But, for example, I have both
the 2.88 and 6.4MB 5.25" Drivetec drives, even if there's nowhere to
get formatted media for them, because they're the only thing that
will read those diskettes.

Cheers,
Chuck