Video of Cray 1 and other artifacts...

Bryan Pope bpope at wordstock.com
Tue Nov 6 09:02:12 CST 2007

And thusly were the wise words spake by Curt @ Atari Museum

> Yeah I liked that comment too which showing banks of removable storage
> units... reminds me of the actual line out of Tron where "Flynn"
> exclaims "because man, somewhere in one of those 'memories' is the
> evidence"
>
> Memories....    you'd have thought with all of the technical staff
> they'd have come up with a more proper term that didn't sound so damned
> clumsy....

Maybe they were trying to connect it with human memories, since the
programs within the TRON universe had a life of their own?

With all of thie TRON talk, I just happened to have watched TRON
again on Friday, then WarGames.  On Saturday I watched Terminator 3.
All three movies seem to have similar storylines...

The first two movies have a mainframe as the big bad computer while
the third uses that idea as a red herring.

Cheers,

Bryan