Indicator tubes for transistor logic machines.

Wed Nov 7 12:04:55 CST 2007

> [...] the two wires that are a filliment (heater to some).

As I understand it, a filament and heater are not just two different
words for the same thing (for a long time I thought they were...).

A filament is what this is: the electron emitter is the same thing that
is generating the heat through ohmic losses.  A heater is a case where
the heat generator is not the same thing that is emitting electrons, as
in many vacuum tubes: the heater generates heat, which then warms up
the (separate) cathode electrode.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca