Indicator tubes for transistor logic machines.

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Nov 8 01:34:24 CST 2007

Sign.  Terminology changes over time, particularly in technology.
When I was young, I learned about "condensers" and "aerials" from my
father.  "Breadboarding" a circuit meant pretty much that--
constructing it on a plank of wood, preferably using #14 bare copper
wire laid out in neat right angles.

By the time I was a teenager, my speech habits had been corrected to
say "capacitor" and "antenna".

I like the distinction between "filament" and "heater".  The latter
implies that something is being heated.  The former implies a
standalone glowing wire.  "Indirectly heated" and "directly heated"
may be a bit more accurate, but the terms are also cumbrous.

And whoever heard of "nanofarads" or "picofarads" anyway? ;)

Cheers,
Chuck