Tarbell is making me insane

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Nov 8 13:11:46 CST 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007 10:53, Allison wrote:
> Also sounds like oneshot problems.  Check cpu timing.  Even small timing
> errors tend to magnify bus noise issues and incompability problems.
(Snip)
> Also HEAT.  That thing despite a very heafty noisy fan and cover mods
> didn't like heat.  FYI: the timing of the oneshots drifts with heating!

This probably explains a lot why I encounter 9602 (and the LS variant) fairly
often in stuff that's otherwise full of the standard 74xx (or LS) parts.

I remember back in 1978 trying (unsuccessfully) to make an interface board for
a dual cassette deck that we had on trial to work with the H11 system I'd
built for this company.  The fella on the phone warned me to stay away from
the '123 parts for just this sort of reason...

-
M Dakin