modern serial terminal

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Thu Nov 8 13:53:59 CST 2007

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> There was, I seem to recall, a Microsoft ad that showed a screenshot
> of an hourglass cursor and had the blurb of "Something you'll never
> see with Windows (some preemptive version)".  Yeah, right.

This was a reaction to OS/2 Warp's UK television campaign, which
actively showed people using OS/2 and noticing there was no hourglass
(ie. things just happened whenever you wanted them to).  I have a video
of one of the commercials I can make available on youtube or something;
let me know if you'd like to see it.