Commodore PET

Doc Shipley doc at mdrconsult.com
Fri Nov 9 07:52:12 CST 2007

Fred Cisin wrote:
>> "Collectible Microcomputers" says: $150 to $400 (chiclet keyboard),
>> $25 to $150 (typewriter keyboard)
>
> Deduct 25% from the value if it is "the FIRST personal computer"

   Heh.  It's in a thrift store in San Antonio TX.  There's a price tag
on it, and that's it.

   I don't particularly want it.  Wait, let me rephrase that.  Unless a
PET can commit an unnatural act while humming Bolero, I particularly
don't want it.  :)  However, if someone else does, it's at Goodwill
Computer Works (thanks, Mark!) on IH410.  I'll be back down there Monday
the 19th, so if anybody wants it reeeaaaallly badly, I could be
persuaded to nab it and ship it.

   They also had a stack of very clean Apple IIgs boxes for $15.  the 2
that I looked in had memory expansion, nothing else.

   The PET's really outside my scope of interest, so I didn't look at it
that closely.  I think the tape drive was sitting a little skewed, but
didn't notice any obvious wear on the keyboard, or damage to the screen
or case.

	Doc