Furguson Big Board II (was CRC question)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Sat Nov 10 16:36:42 CST 2007

On Saturday 10 November 2007 16:51, Al Kossow wrote:
>  > My Bigboard II has a bit of interesting code in the EPROM
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigboard

That was the first thing I looked at,  which pointed to the file I found on
bitsavers.  :-)

> The EPROM source was available with the board, there should be
> no need to disassemble it.

Right.  I have,  somewhere,  a loose-leaf binder that has what paper I have on
that board,  including my paper schematics -- I'm *real* happy to have found
that file so I have a backup copy of that info in electronic form,  too.  But
I don't recall whether the source code was included in that or not.

"Available with the board" may not mean that I got it -- there was BIOS source
available with it too,  and I never got that.  It was supposed to come on the
same (eight inch!) floppy I'd get my purchased copy of CP/M on,  only I
didn't have the funds to buy all that at once,  and so attempted to spread
out my purchases a bit.  And right in there someplace was when Cal-Tex ceased
its operations...   :-(

-
M Dakin