Commodore 65 = $5,000

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Thu Nov 15 00:25:26 CST 2007

Tony Duell wrote:
> However, I am saddened by a classic computer that will never be turned on
> again. Computers are not fine art, they are machines that should be run
> (and for that matter, I feel that fine art should be viewed, not stored
> in a vault).

As much as Tony is a hardware guy, I'm a software guy on the other end
of the spectrum.  And yet I wholeheartedly agree with this, to the point
where pretty much all of my hobbyist programming is done on old iron.
It's not enough that I use my old machines; I have to make them jump
through new hoops :-)