Tarbell is making me insane

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Nov 15 02:26:32 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 06:57 -0500, Allison wrote:

> I had that a work once it was dust in the drives scaring the disks
> after one or two uses.
>
> Reaaon, PC suck air out of the box, where does it come in?  Any ways it
> can and through the floppy was one path.

That is an excellent point - there is no fan in the Mirage (or the
rather newer EPS, or the Emax II, or the ESI-4000 either although the
latter uses HD disks).

Funny thing is that the otherwise-identical SQ80 disk drives apparently
failed a lot more than the ones in Mirages.  Well, they're double-sided
but in practice all this means is that it uses the head select line.

Gordon